Archives: December 2012
There are 2 posts in this month.
December 14, 2012
Last week we saw Eden’s fantastic holiday gift picks for beauty-related products found at Perelandra. To complement that, we wanted to also share food-related gift ideas, too! With the increased prevalence of gift cards and online shopping, a little homemade gift can go a long way. Instead of braving the department stores and holiday shopping madness, consider setting aside an afternoon to whip up some homemade treats in your kitchen!
Most –if not all – of the ingredients for these thoughtful gifts can be found at Perelandra. The only other thing you’ll need is to pick up some containers or packaging to add the final touches on your personalized treats!
Check out these food-related gift ideas:
From 101 Cookbooks, a recipe for citrus salt. There are many potential variations – herb salt, truffle salt, smoked salt.
We walked you through the steps to make your own granola earlier this year. Package it in a jar and voila!
While you’ll have to get your liquor elsewhere, this recipe from Design Sponge is simple and will surely be well received.
If you’ve never cooked with preserved lemons, you’re missing out. Make these for your friends and include some North African recipes for inspiration. Don’t forget to make enough for yourself, too! Alice Waters’ recipe is the most straightforward and reliable.
Spicy Cocktail Pecans:
These are a perfect host/hostess gift for any holiday party and so addicting! Try this recipe from Country Living.
Herbes de Provence:
Any cook, serious or not, would appreciate some herbs to spice up their cooking, especially if they were packaged with care from a friend. Try Emeril Lagasse’s recipe for the perfect combination of herbs.
Who doesn’t love toffee this time of year? Vegans should be able to enjoy it like everyone else, so why not try this recipe from Newly Vegan?
Whole Grain Mustard:
You’ll find mustard in every refrigerator, but it’s not often that you’ll find something this good. Try this cheap and delicious recipe from Macheesmo.
Marinated Goat Cheese:
Another perishable gift, but there will be no need to refrigerate it because it’ll undoubtedly be eaten upon delivery! Try this take on marinated goat cheese from the NY Times.
We all know about the benefits of many herbal teas, so why not pick up some bulk herbs and create your own combinations? If you need some guidance, check out these 10 ideas from Wellness Mama.
Cocoa and Marshmallows:
There are few things that are more comforting during the holidays than relaxing with a warm drink. Impress your friends and family with homemade cocoa and marshmallows! Try these recipes from Smitten Kitchen and Whipped.
Probably one of the easiest idea on the list, this infused honey recipe from Country Living would be a great gift for any tea drinker.
If you haven’t yet realized that infusing something is as easy as combining something flavorful with something that will take on the flavor, the simplicity of it is underscored in this basic recipe infused vinegar from Design Sponge.
Hopefully these ideas will help you think beyond your regular train of thought when it comes to giving holiday gifts! You might even have a little bit of fun in the process, too.
December 3, 2012
The holidays are once again upon us, and you may find yourself wondering what to get for the people in your life. Maybe you’re stuck as you consider what to get your hard-to-shop-for Mother-in-Law, or your brother, or maybe you just need a little something to say “hey, thanks!” to the coworker who had your back on that last minute presentation last week.
Don’t be caught buying another Starbucks gift card! Here are Eden’s picks for all natural gift options available right here at Perelandra! For personal recommendations, stop by on Tuesdays & Wednesdays and talk to Eden for a one-on-one consultation!
Keep an eye out for our unique holiday gift baskets, as well as special gifts with purchase coming soon.
· Dr. Hauschka Radiant You Kit $11.95
· Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser Scrub – a best seller! $32.95
· Evan Healy Mini Kits – Try the entire spa protocol for the price of a single product! Great for travel. $29.95
· Juniper Ridge Soaps – for Him or any outdoor enthusiasts for that Christmas tree smell year round! $8.99
· Bdellium Tools Makeup Brush – Vegan, Sustainable, and Professional grade brushes! $27 Smokey Eye Kit, $40 Mineral Brush Kit, $43 Foundation Set, $100 Full Brush Set w/ Linen BrushRoll
· John Masters Vitamin C Serum $29.99
· John Masters Organic Argan Oil $37.99
· Maroma Fragrances for Men & Women $13.99
· Amikole Shea Oils for Hair, Skin, Nails, & Massage – Made right here in NYC $14.99
· Suki Transformative Cleansing Clay $48.95
· Alteya Organics Bulgarian Rose Water – This socially conscious company grows its own roses and produces their own line of skincare to keep prices affordable and products top notch! $6.49 (2oz)$14.49 (17oz)
· Dado Sens Hand Repair $21.95
· Alaffia Virgin Coconut Cream – Certified Fair Trade $10.95
· Yerba Prima Tapico Skin Brush $9.99
· HURRAW! Lip Balm – Vegan, raw, 100% natural flavors $3.79
· Triloka Wrapping Paper $11.99
· Emily Skin Soothers $13.99
· Aubrey Men’s Stock Shave Cream $7.49
· Jane Iredale My Steppes $58
· Dr. Hauschka Illuminating Powder $34.95
· Jane Iredale Eye Kits:
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes $48
Perfectly Nude $52
· Bucks County General Goods Scented Candles $13.99